The most straightforward way to start GenomeView is by Java Webstart.
Clicking the above button will immediately launch the application.
Download the latest version from http://sourceforge.net/projects/genomeview/
Unpack the zip file to a directory and start the genomeview.jar file. You can start this file either by double clicking the jar file or by issuing the following instruction at the command line.
java -Xmx1g -jar genomeview.jar
Recommended system specs:
- 2 Gb of memory, minimum is 1 Gb
- dual-core or better processor, but GenomeView will work with less.
- To browse online data, it's recommended to have a high-speed, low-latency connection
- Recent version of Windows, *nix or Mac OS
- Recent version of Java 6 or 7, minimum is Java 1.6u10+. You can get a recent version from http://www.java.com.